WHO IS FIRE WATCHER ?
. Watching out for fire hazards in the workplace while Hot work is performed by other employees .
- Maintaining the conditions and requirements stated on the Hot work permit.
- Keeping flammable materials away from ignition sources.
- In the event of fire, extinguishing it or turn a fire alarm on.
- Calling 101 or the emergency alarm number.
Making sure of the exact location of fire fighting equipment in the immediate area.
- Maintaining constant means of communication.
- As much as possible, keeping visual and voice contact with other employees.
- Before and during each shift, inspecting the entire work area and looking for potential release of flammable vapor’s or liquids.
- Be prepared to operate fire extinguishers, hydrants, fixed monitors, and hose carts anytime.
- Never leaving the job site while the work is being done. If he has to leave, stop the job and notify workers or else deploy it to another Fire Watch to continue the Hot Work until he returns back .
When all operations are done, do not leave the worksite unless he is sure that there are no hot sparks, burning embers and other fire hazards. Return all fire fighting equipment to their original location.
Fire watchers maintain open lines of communication with the workers in the Hot work area. Watchers alert workers if it’s necessary for them to evacuate the area,
Fire Watch Equipment Operation
Fire watcher duties and responsibilities include handling the engineering controls that are designed to eliminate or reduce the potential for fires. They must be well versed with classes of Fires and operations of Suitable Fire Extinguishers.
Fire Watcher Educational Requirements
While there are no specific education or) entry requirements for fire watch, this professionals are expected to have completed some specialist training like Fire watch Training Programme.
Diploma in Fire and Safety
Watch This Hole Salary Data
According to job board Nuevoo, the average fire watch salary is $25,350 (per year in 2020 or $13 per hour.(Rs7,800/-Per day).