During 1954 an Act was promulgated by the Ministry of Health in India.
It emphasizes the importance of Food Safety which Prevents Food Adulteration .
This Act came into force by the year of 1955.
The main objectives of the act are:
1) to make provision for the prevention of adulteration of food;
2) to protect the public from poisonous and harmful foods;
3) to prevent the sale of substandard foods;
4) to protect the interests of the consumers by eliminating fraudulent practices.
Adulterants are the substance or poor quality products added to food items for economic and technical benefits. Addition of these adulterants reduces the value of nutrients in food and also contaminates the food, which is not fit for Health of the Human being..
When any manufacturer sales, distribute, imports or stores any food article which is adulterated, he will be liable under section 16 of the Prevention of Food Adulteration (PFA) Act, 1954 and will also be punished with imprisonment of 6 months and with a fine of rupees 1000 under section 272 of IPC for selling of either adulterated or Substandard food.
Who is the Qualified personnel in the food industry?
To assume a career in a Food Industries,one has to need certain basic qualifications in Diploma in Food Safety.One need to have good Knowledge in Food Safety.
What are the Syllabus covered in Food Safety Course?
- FOOD SAFETY
- FOOD MICROBIOLOGY & FOOD BORNE DISEASES
- SAFETY I DIFFERENT STAGE OF FOOD
- LOCATION & LAYOUT OF PREMISES
- CLEANING PROCEDURES, PEST CONTROL OF WATER
This Bss Diploma in Food safety is a leading selection of food safety course in Chennai by students
- Course Fees : 9,999/-
- Course Duration : 1 Year
- Course Name : BSS DIPLOMA IN FOOD SAFETY
- Code Number : FSS002
Job opportunities for Food Safety personnel?
- Star Hotels,
Since the Food is ever consuming Commodity as long as the Human being lives in the world, the job Market is always in great demand for the Food Safety Officers.
Tags : Safety engineering courses